On Sunday Grana Nana, Grandpa Kent, and Grandma Frances came over for breakfast. Roman and Kent made us a huge breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast, fresh fruit, and waffles. It was wonderful!! We spent the rest of the day just relaxing around the house.
Jett is growing like a weed. I don't know exactly how much he weighs, but it's got to be nearing 11 pounds now. He has started smiling in response to us. Yesterday he gave me and my mom a bunch of great smiles for Mother's Day. I got a couple photos. We're still having nursing issues, so I am mostly pumping milk and giving him a bottle. I try to nurse him at night in hopes that sooner or later he'll get it right, so we'll see. He still has evening colic which seems to be related to a lot of gas and tummy trouble. The baby DOES NOT burp well, and so I'm sure by end of the day all those tummy bubbles make it down and turn to gas pain. In the last six weeks he has only spit up three times I think, so whatever that burping/spitting up mechanism is, it must not work so well for him. The not spitting up is great, the not burping well is not great.
Lila is wonderful as well, and a constant source of joy and entertainment. Her language skills continue to grow. They seemed to have taken another leap a short time ago and now she's really talking in full sentences. Not to mention repeating what we say all the time. Today on the way to school she was putting her finger to her lips and saying "shush, shush" over and over again. She continues to be enamored with her little brother, constantly saying "Wanna kiss Big Dude's head" [Daddy called Jett "Big Dude" a couple times and now that's what Lila calls him.], "Wanna hug him", and she tries to put his paci in his mouth for him and she helps hold his bottle. She loves to help and she'll tell me, "Mommy, Ali Bird helping". She still refers to herself as Lali Bird, but drops the first "L" in most everything.
Here are some pictures from Mother's Day, as well as misc others. There's a video I took yesterday as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment