5.20.2009

Conversations with a two year old

Lila has been saying all sorts of funny things lately. They might not seem funny once I type them out, but I'll share none-the-less.

As a side note, we are going to be in MN June 9-16th.

This morning I thought I heard her making noise in her room so I went up to get her. When I walked in she was still laying down in her crib.
Me: Hi Lali, were you just resting.
Lila: No Mommy, Lali Bird just SEEPING Mommy.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry I thought you were awake. I have your breakfast ready.
Lila: WOO WHO!

The other day she grabbed Jett's hands and put them together and said "Baby Jett say payers. God is great! AMEN!"

Me: Lila, how old are you?
Lila: ummmm, tunny [that would be 20] months.
Me: Nooo, you're two Lali.
Lila: No, tunny months Mommy.

Lila: Mommy, Lali Bird have an owie(holding out her finger for me to look)
Me: I don't see anything Lali. (and I look away to see the weather forecast on TV)
Lila: MOMMY!! LOOK! It's RIGHT there! (and sticks her finger right in my face)

Me: Lali, are you Mommy's girl? (this usually elicits a "Lali Mommy's girl")
Lila: Noooo, Daddy's girl.
Me: What?? Okay. Well you can be Mommy's girl and Daddy's girl.
Lila: (while dancing around the room) Lali Daddy's girl and Mommy's girl and Gana Nanny's girl and Gampa Kent's girl and Baby Jett's girl and Noli's girl and.....and.....(and then she couldn't think of anymore people so she ran out of the room)

Me: Lali, I love you.
Lila: Wuv you TOOOOO Mommy. Wuv you too Daddy. Wuv you Mommy.

Here are a couple recent photos...


I'm pretty sure Jett had thrush, so we used this medicine that turned his mouth bright purple! It was a MESS!



Gabi and Sofie came over to play



Jett is so long his feet are already to the bottom of his 0-3 month sleepers, and he's wearing some 3-6 month clothes. We weighed him last week and he's just over 11 lbs! I can't wait to find out his stats when we go for his 2 month checkup next week.

Chillin' in Daddy's lap

Lila got these cool peek-a-boo style books for her bday from her friend Bentley.


No comments: