5.22.2008

Update

It seems we've taken a bunch of pictures lately so I thought I'd update the blog. Not much is new around here. Roman has been in Peru since Tuesday, and will be home very early tomorrow morning. He said they are staying in a nice area of Lima, but outside that area things are pretty sad. Very poor, people digging through garbage, etc. Makes me grateful to be an American, esp. as we approach Memorial Day. He also said they have been meeting with a lot of different companies, so hopefully that will translate into some good opportunities for him. Since our trip to the Bahamas was cancelled so he could go to Peru we are trying to figure out what to do as far taking a vacation. The summer in The Caribbean is the rainy season so we will save that for another time. I think we will probably just end up taking a trip to a domestic destination, or perhaps one of the inland cities in upper Mexico.

I have been trying to finish up our garden. It's been so hot already, in the 90s and very humid, so I have to wait until Lila has gone to bed to work on it. We did a bunch of planting the last couple weeks and now just have to get the rest of the mulch down. I'll try to remember to take a photo when it's done and post it. Everything with Ms. Lila is good. No teething at the moment, however she has taken to pitching little fits now when she gets frustrated. They're short, but I guess I should take them as a preview of what's to come. And she's discovered if she stands on her tip-toes she can reach the edges of the counters, so now we have to watch things on the tables and the counters.

Well, that's about all I've got for right now. The last series of pictures is of her with a little monkey backpack on. It's one of those backpacks that has a tether, so you can keep track of them in a store, etc. A friend of mine had used it with her son to no avail, so she let me borrow it to try with Lila. We figured out later that we had it one backwards, but she loved wearing it around the house. We'll see what happens in public. The video at the end is also of her with the backpack. Hope you all enjoy!


Good Morning!





I let Lila feed herself breakfast.


All clean!!


Roman was giving her watermelon and there wasn't anymore on her tray. She got frustrated and grabbed her hair with both of her messy, sticky hands. This was the resulting 'hairdo'.




On backward



With Grana Nana



On the right way



She wanted to get in her wagon with the backpack on

1 comment:

Michelle Tanner said...

Lila's got a monkey on her back! LOL! I can't wait to see you Lila...and your mama too! I hope you are staying cool in Texas. If Texas is too hot, you can just tell your mom that you want to live with Auntie Michelle where it's nice a cool during the summer. I'll bring you back to Texas when the snow starts. Little Elliott says hello to his 'cousin' Lila! Love-love to all of you. And tell your daddy that I'm jealous of the Peru trip!