Sep 17th
We’ve had quite the week in the Anguiano house. It seems Ms. Lila has some sort of sore throat. On Wed afternoon her voice started sounding very raspy. Both Wed night and Thr morning I asked her if she was feeling bad and she said no. Well come Thr night she was really whiny and said her throat hurt. She sounds like she smokes a pack a day right now. It’s actually quite sweet and funny to listen to.
I’m wondering if Jetty doesn’t have the same thing, whatever it is, because he has been very much out of sorts the last two days as well. When I picked him up from school Mrs. Diane said he did great, had tons of fun, was a perfect angel. Good gracious, as soon as I got them both in the car the whining started. He cried and whined from 2:30-7pm. It’s not like him so I cannot imagine what else it would be.
We had quite a milestone on Wed as well. Lali put her face in the water at swimming lessons!! She was so proud of herself and she didn’t even get upset. The teacher gave her a little gold ticket Lila got to take to the front desk and pick out a toy from the “treasure chest”. She was so excited!
Sep 21th
I was tucking Lila in for her nap and I told her I loved her and said “You’re getting so big, but you’re always going to be my girl right?” She said, “Mommy, I can still be your girl when I grow up.” I almost started to cry. I told her I wanted her to stay small so I could always tuck her in and carry her around. This statement cause her to furrow her brow and start to whine about wanting to get bigger like me and Daddy. I told her I knew she was going to grow up and get big, but that I’d always love her and she’d always be my baby.
Daddy is out of town, so for dinner we had a little potluck. Some leftover quesadilla, a bean and cheese burrito, and some baked ziti. We split it up, but Jetty LOVED the baked ziti. He loved it so much, when it was gone, he licked his bowl. I turned around and he had the bowl up, his face smack-dab in the middle. I was so shocked I said, “Jetty what are you doing??” He just looked at me and gave me this big smile.
We went for a walk this evening since the weather was nice. We got a short ways from home and I noticed mosquitos. Lila gets huge welts when she gets bit, so we started for home right away. I was pushing Jett on the tricycle and I put Lila on my back so we could get home quickly. When we got close I asked Lila if she was okay. She said, “Yeah, I’m just getting some extracise”. Exercise while getting a piggy back ride.
Sep 24th
Jett discovered a long used toddler phrase today. Uh oh...or as Jetty said “Uh ah”. It was at dinner and Lila dropped a bit of food and said “uh oh”, which Jett parroted back “uh ah”. He’s been doing that a lot, repeating us. He has still been preferring to use his signs rather than talk so I’m excited that he’s using language more. Yesterday in the car I was trying to get him to repeat what I said. He repeated mama and dada no problem, he says those regularly. Then came “baba” which he started saying when Lila would watch Dora, or even read a Dora book. He says it with the same cadence that Dora uses in her show when she says “backpack”. Almost every time he sees anything with Dora in/on it he says “baba baba”.
After those first three I got “nana” and “lala”. Today he even said “Yiya” which he used to say all the time until he learned all the signs. Tonight he took to licking his bowl again, which Daddy got a big kick out of. Well Jett got a big kick out of Daddy laughing so he continued putting the bowl up to his face and licking it. Funny boys!





No comments:
Post a Comment