Well, here I am again, ready to update the blog, but can't think of a single thing to talk about. I've started a short, daily (picture-a-day) journal for the kids and thus far each day when I sit down to write I've had no problems coming up with things to write. Sit down in front of the blog and I've got nothin'. Sigh....okay, let's pause while I look at the journal. Well that helped. I'm just going to copy and paste some snippets from the journal and the corresponding pictures. Most of the time I write the entries as if talking to Lali or Jett. Lots of it has to do with Cinderella as someone in this house is still OBSESSED! Enjoy...
May 7th
Yesterday Daddy was in the bathroom and you were standing outside the door, banging on it saying, “Let me in Handsome Prince...let me in...HAND.SOME.PRINCE.LET. ME. IIIIIIIINNNN. Handsome Prince, the carriage is HERE.” You are just like your Daddy, quoting lines from the movie too. You have dubbed me the Fairy Godmother, and as I type this you are calling “Oh Grand Duke, come here” to Jett Jett from the other room. The other day while we were driving in the car you asked me who your jealous step sisters were going to be and said you wanted a step mother, “but not a bad one”.
May 8th
Today I readjusted the crib mattress in Jett’s crib. The other morning Lali and I woke before Jett. We thought we heard him wake up and the next thing we heard was a big, house shaking thud. I bolted up the stairs and when I opened the door I found Jett sitting on the floor in his room. For the life of me I still can’t figure out how he got out of the crib. Luckily he was fine, but obviously the crib mattress wasn’t low enough.
After I lowered it Lali got in with Jett and started jumping. Jett thought this was so much fun and tried to jump too, but didn’t make much headway with Lali making all the bounces.
May 9th
Daddy put Jett in this laundry basket and took him for a little ride around the house. Daddy walked away and Jett looked at me and did the “more” sign over and over until I gave him a ride. He kept asking for more, and more. He loved it.
Lila, when you were Jett’s age Daddy did the same thing with you at Grandpa Terry’s and you didn’t find it the slightest bit amusing. Here’s a picture of you carrying the basket away so you couldn’t be put inside it anymore.
May 10th
Back to the normal “work” week for us. Jett’s got an awful cold so we didn’t do much today. We went to Old Navy to return some clothes, and we shopped for a swimsuit for you Lali. When were shopping one of the workers started talking to you. You told her, “I’m a princess” and when she asked your name you said in a very quiet voice “Cinderella”. Then she asked you your brother’s name and again in a quiet voice you said “the Grand Duke”. You proceeded to tell her that you didn’t have your glass slippers, they were at home. She thought you were really funny.
May 11th
Poor Jett Jett still isn’t feeling well today, and now Daddy isn’t either. Jett is having a hard time sleeping because he can’t breath and suck on his paci. After I put him to bed tonight we heard him start coughing and when I went up there to check on him he’d thrown up in his crib. I’m really hoping this is an isolated incident and not a preview of what the rest of the night’s going to bring.
This picture is a sweet one of you two. This chair is Jett’s new lounging spot. He crawls over and plops himself down to survey the room. He loves to rock back and forth in it--big happy grins. It’s his little sanctuary, but today Lali came to visit. Jett was beyond pleased to have her and kept trying to give her big, sloppy kisses.
May 15th
It’s a rainy day here today. The rain started last night and Lila, you don’t particularly like the thunder. We needed the water for the plants/grass though. Today we’re going to do some home projects and then go to dinner with Tia Nena, Gabi, Sofie, and Grandma Frances. Grandma Frances had surgery a couple weeks ago to remove a cancerous piece from one of her lungs. It metastasized to one of her lymph nodes so she’ll have to start chemo in another couple weeks.
We went to get my eyes examined and Lali was trying on the glasses for little kids. You don’t need them, but if you did Lali, you’d look so cute with glasses on.
May 16th
Today was the end of the year program at Mother’s Day Out. All the MDO and preschool kids got up with their classes and sang songs, and some did little dances along with them. You and the other kids your age sang a song about God’s promises. I just now asked you to sing it for me so I could type out the lyrics and you sang “I’m gonna take God’s promises and hide them in my heart. So I wont forget I’m gonna hide them in my heart. I’m gonna take God’s promises and hide them in my heart, hide them in my heart.” I just sang it back to you to make sure I had it right and you said, “Thaaaat’s how it goes, good remembering Mommy!”
When I got you out of your crib we started to come downstairs. Each time we make the trip down the stairs you point at the pictures of us (you, Lali, Daddy and me) on the wall, raise your arm up, and say “Uhhhhhh” as if to acknowledge our family.
May 18th
Tonight Lila, we were upstairs in the playroom and you decided you wanted to put on your dressup dress (which is a fairy dress with wings from Target) so you could “go to the ball”. You got it on all by yourself and then I helped you adjust it. You told me “Thank you Fairy Godmother”. I took a picture of you and when I showed it to you, you said, “[Gasp] I need my glass slippers” so we went downstairs and put on the shoes you’ve dubbed glass slippers. I asked you if you wanted some bows for your hair and you did. Then you were all set for the ball. You wanted to go to the neighbors house and show Jenna (our 13 year old neighbor, whom you say is your best friend). You got on your trike and we pedaled over to their house, but they weren’t home. You looked really sad that they weren’t there to see you dressed up for the ball. You pedaled back home and played upstairs with me while I made your bed. Then you discovered your birthday Cinderella dress in your closet and promptly changed clothes, tell me “this one isn’t itchy”, so you could watch some of your Cinderella DVD in your Cinderella dress.
May 19th
Today we were riding in the car and out of the blue Lila told me, "I'm not scared of the funder and lightning anymore cause Jesus holds me up so I can see God watering the plants." Then went on to say, "God gave me all Jesus stuff so I can give it back to him in his heart." You have been asking lots of questions lately about Jesus dying on the cross and talking about God. They teach you bible lessons/stories at school and at MOPS/church. At night Daddy and I have been reading you some of the short stories from your little girl bible. It tells them in a very simple way. You also have some Veggie Tales DVDs, one is the story of Esther, which you really like.
Here you are playing dress up again. You had a coffee stir stick and you were pretending to make a dress for the ball.
May 20th
Jett, you’re not feeling well again. You’ve had a fever the last couple days, but have been such a trooper. Your nickname is “Dude” and Daddy got you this onsie as representation. Daddy called you Dude so often as a little baby that everyone else picked it up. He’s got a thing for the word dude. Your cousin Sofie called Daddy “Tio Dude” when she was little.





1 comment:
absolutely love the day to day stuff... You are right you have to write it down or you forget... Tia Nena
Post a Comment