Lots has been happening in our household lately. Where to begin? How about with the kids--this blog is mostly about them anyway right? In a post a time or two ago I mentioned Lila having a hard time when I leave her at school. That hasn't really improved much. The whole ride to school today she said, "I ont up Mommy, I ont up please" and "hold my hand please Mommy". She kind of whines the whole way to class and then starts to cry as soon as she gets the slightest inkling I'm going to leave. Her teacher says that she's only upset for 10 minutes or so and then has a good day. She has taken to randomly boycotting naps there though, which doesn't thrill me, but whatchya gonna do?
Ms. Lila has also been having some night time fears. Quite a few months ago she started asking us not to close the door to her room at night. We'd leave it open about a foot, but every so often the air conditioner will come on and create a little vacuum that forces the door closed. It happened the other week right after Roman left her room, and she started screaming. I ran upstairs and when I opened the door she was scrambling out of her bed and screaming and crying. For at least a week after that happened she was afraid to close her eyes and go to sleep. We'd tuck her in and leave the room, with the door open, and she'd call out to us over and over, asking us to come sing her a song or come give her another hug, etc. Then in her sleep she started screaming--"DADDY", "NO", and Roman thought he heard her say "I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT". She wouldn't wake up though, just call out in her sleep.
We kept asking her what she was scared of, but other than the air conditioner closing his door, she didn't really say anything. We had her wedge books under the door, and the corner of one of her pillows so she could see/feel that the door wouldn't be able to close. Then Grandpa Kent thought maybe she didn't know what the air conditioner was, so we took her on an A/C tour. We took her outside and showed her the big A/C unit, explained to her that it kept the house cool, then let her feel the air coming from the vents. I told her that it was just the air that was closing her door. That seemed to help. She still doesn't want us to close the door, but the other night she said, "Mommy, close the door half way so baby Jett doesn't wake me up". Since then she's been much better.
Jett, my boy, is a trooper! He got both of his bottom front teeth at the same time, with little distress. He was mildly fussy, but nothing that some Tylenol didn't help.
He loves to grab onto things--hair, ear, cheeks--whatever is close by. And he is STONG! He grabs and then tries to pull us in so he can chew on us. Lila frequently tries to give him a hug and when she leans in he gets two handfuls of hair. She usually tells me, but she's too impatient to wait for me to get his hands out so she just pulls back and Jett ends up with big chunks of her hair in his hands. Poor thing, but I guess it doesn't bother her too much.
Roman just finished the third quarter of the year. He's been working really hard and still travelling once a week or so. We are going to San Diego for a little vacation in Novemeber. Grana Nan is going run the San Diego Marathon so we're going to cheer her on and take the kids to do some fun things while we're there. I'm excited for us to take a vacation. It's been 11 years since I moved, so I can't wait to go back!
Roman got Lila some feety pajamas. She loves them!
He got me!
I have no words for this one
We went to a birthday party at the zoo this weekend and Lila got her face painted
A rare picture of Jett sleeping on his back.
We bought Lila this play Tinkerbell dress months ago and she hasn't cared one bit about it until the other day
Jett got his first taste of real food the other day. Some avocado. He enjoyed it more than I expected. He was trying to grab the spoon from me the whole time and shoving it in his mouth.
I let Lila run around in the rain. She had a great time.
This is a lamp that my dad owned. I had wanted to keep just about everything of my dad's but, of course, that wasn't realistic. My aunt Jan took quite a few of my dad's things for us. I think most of the things she took, she took because she didn't want me to have to face giving them away. Lila talked about this lamp, she remembered it from his house, so Jan sent it to us. It was so sweet of her because I know this is one of the things she really, really liked having.
The two videos below are of Lila. The first is of her playing uncle Max's guitar with him and the second is of her being a "mommy" to her baby. Sorry about the poor camera work on the second one. I was laughing so the camera was shaking. She's obviously been paying attention when I feed Jett.
No comments:
Post a Comment