9.09.2009

School and birthday

So it's September already? As I keep saying, I don't know where the time goes. It seems like I blinked and 5 months went by. Here's what's been happening as of late.

Lila started Mother's Day Out again on Tuesday. She'll be going twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday. Dropping her off on Tuesday was fine. The teacher was just getting the Play-doh out so I guess that distracted her. Today was a different story. The whole way to school she kept saying, "Mommy, ont you to stay with me. Don't go home Mommy, don't go home." I kept telling her that the mommies and daddies don't stay, that school is just for kids. That didn't seem to sink in because when I took her in she still kept telling me not to go home. Her little lip started to quiver when I hugged her goodbye and then when I got up to go she started crying. It was hard for me to leave her. She rarely cries when I leave her, so it was hard for both of us. When I went to pick her up, she was in her old teacher's classroom. Apparently she'd gotten really upset because one of the other kids was crying and she couldn't calm down. Mrs. Diane (her old teacher) only had one little girl in her class today, so she told Lila's teacher to bring her to her class. Hopefully next week will be better.


Jett is having his own issue right now. He has started turning himself over in his crib and doesn't like it one bit. He can only get himself one way though and can't turn back over, so napping has been a serious problem around here the last three days. He finally just gets tired enough that he goes to sleep, but about 45 minutes into his nap he turns himself over again and wakes up.


When he's awake he's really interested in the things around him. Roman brought the bouncy down from the attic and he loves to bounce up and down in it. It has toys all around the edge so as he turns he can play with the different things. It makes noise when he bounces and some little lights flash. Fingers crossed he'll get the turning over thing figured out and be back to normal soon.


It was my birthday on Tuesday as well. We didn't do much that day, but we did some celebrating at my mom's house over the weekend. I got a really great gift from Roman and the kids. There's a picture of it below. I think it might be a hint though, judge for yourself.

I've been writing down some of the sweet and funny things that Lila's been saying. There are really so many, but I forget a lot of them before I have a chance to write them down. Here are a couple from recently...

We've been working on Lila's manners. When we ask her yes/no questions we want her to respond with "yes please" or "no thank you".

Mommy: Come on Lila, let's change your diaper.
Lila: No thank you.


The other thing we are working on is sharing. I'd given Lila a snack, a bowl of cheese and goldfish crackers. I proceeded to get out a bag of cheetos and some almonds. Lila: Mommy ont some cheetos please.
Mommy: Lila you have a snack on the table.
she comes running back over with her bowl and says..."Mommy you share some with me pleeeeeease."
She got me there didn't she? Was I going to NOT share with her? Of course not!


Mommy: Goodnight sweet girl.
Lila: Goodnight sweet mommy.


The other day she was giving me kisses all over my face and laughing like we do to her. She stopped abruptly and looked at me with this funny, perplexed look on her face. The she said, "Mommy, you eyebrows are scratchy."






Got all my hair cut off. I LOVE it short.














Lila helped me blow out the candles



Then licked the frosting off every single candle I put in front of her.




Lila was dressing up poor baby Jett while he was in the bouncy. First, the hat...




...then the bunny ears...


...then the headband.

This is a picture of Lila in the bouncy when she was Jett's age. Pretty similar looking huh?






Ready for her first day of school. No fancy clothes here. They do all sorts of messy crafts so they tell us to dress them in play clothes.




My birthday gift




I helped Roman make my birthday cake with the new mixer. He was on the floor so Lila could watch him decorate it. He let Lila decide which colors she wanted on the cake and then he used the white icing to mix up the colors with some food coloring.


My cake


This is a video of Lila talking to Jett, making him laugh.


1 comment:

Trace said...

So adorable...... Lila and Jett look so similar in the bouncer !! Love Lila's cute comments.Love the blog....more please ha ha xxx