8.20.2009

Hooray for the big girl bed!

Little Miss Lila has slept the last 5 nights in her bed instead of her crib. She had been sleeping in her bed at nap time, but always wanted to go in her crib to sleep at night. On Sunday night we were laying in her bed and had finished reading her books. I said, "Okay, let me tuck you in" to which she always replies "Onna go in my crib". This time she just rolled over and let me tuck her in with her bunny and her blanket. We've had no crib sleeping since!

We got the stool I ordered for her, so she can get in and out of her bed without our help. The first morning I went up to get her and she was just starting to get out of bed using the stool. The next night I told her she had to stay in bed or we'd shut her door, and she's stayed in ever since. The next step is to get the crib out of her room and put her bed in its place.

Lila is also getting her two year molars and has been such a trooper. She hasn't complained about them once! I just noticed them when I was brushing her teeth. Yesterday I think they may have been bothering her though. Lila's Mother's Day Out teacher from last year has kids over at her house each week to play. I take Lila on Thursdays and they play, have snacks, lunch, and take naps...just like they did at school. Mrs. Diane called about 11:00 and said she thought Lila wasn't feeling well as she kept crying. Lila got on the phone all sniffy and said, "Mommy? I onna come home Mommy" It was so sad! I went and got her and she was fine the rest of the day.

Today I was asking Lila to help me look for her sippy cup. I swear we have a monster in the house that eats them! It's ridiculous how many have been lost. I'm on the floor looking under all the furniture and looking in her toy bins. Well Lila is following me around the house saying, "Doan worry 'bout it Mommy, my daddy will find it. Doan worry 'bout it. There's plenty a stuff here." This has been Lila's refrain lately. She broke one of her toys the other week and I fixed it. When I gave it back to her the next day her eyes lit up and she said, "Oh my daddy fixed it!"and ran off. What the....????????! She's only two and she already thinks boys are the only ones who can fix things!

BBJ (that's baby Jett) is a sleeper! He LOVES to sleep. He typically goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and sleeps 12 hours. He stays awake an hour in the morning, then goes back to sleep for 2 hours. Then the remainder of the day he'll stay awake no more than 2 hours at a time before he wants to nap. Yesterday he took two long naps (1.5-2.5 hours each) went to bed at 7:00pm and didn't wake up until 8:45 this morning! Then at 9:45 he still went back to sleep and as I type this at 11:45, is still sleeping soundly. I'm grateful that he likes to sleep, but boy is it hard to go anywhere as he only really likes to sleep in the crib. He's still chewing on everything he can get in his mouth, which is mostly just his hands and clothing, and drooling all over!

My friend Rachel came over this last weekend and took some more pictures for us and the kids. She has two boys of her own and gave us a bunch of really cute clothes for Jett. It's hard for me to decide what to put on him each morning now there's so much to chose from. I want it to hurry up and be winter so I can put him in the cute cold weather clothes before he outgrows them.

As for me, I have a new hair cut. My hair is falling out, postpartum--while you're pregnant you hardly lose any, so your body usually makes up for it postpartum by shedding a bunch. Because my hair was long it was even worse. It was everywhere! I decided to chop it all off, well most of it, and start fresh. I like it a lot and actually think I might cut it a little shorter in the front next time.

Roman has been working like crazy. He's had to do quite a bit of travelling in recent weeks. I think he enjoys it a little as he gets go out to dinner and sleep all night. He loves to come home and see the kids though, and you can tell they're both happy to see him too!



Big J



Lila and her cousin Daniella



Sitting on cousin Sofia's lap, who's sitting in baby Jett's Bumbo




Lila sharing her toys again


















Lila put her sunglasses on Jett




She loves to have us take pictures of her and Jett. Everytime she lays down next to him she says, "Take a pitcher Mommy"




Well you can't really see it here, but there's the first of the two molars coming in, in the back of her mouth.




Her hand-painted step stool. The lady altered it from the standard design to match the colors in Lila's room, and she also added a dragonfly in with the butterflies. The top lifts up to allow some storage inside.


Rachel was here when I was getting my hair cut and she took a picture. Here's my chopped off pony tail! The girl who cut it took it to the salon with her to donate, to help make a wig for someone who has cancer.



My new do



No comments: