Lila woke up with a fever this morning, and it just kept getting higher. 101 at 8:30 so I gave her some Tylenol. At 10 it was up to 102, and then at 11:30 I gave her a lukewarm bath and took it again. It was 103 so I gave her some Motrin, which seemed to help. Because of Lila's
urinary reflux her pediatrician wanted to see her so he could get a urine sample and make sure it wasn't another
UTI. They used a catheter to get the urine, which as once might imagine, went over like a lead balloon with Lila. They usually do an in-office test to check for bacteria and then send the rest of the urine out to have it checked more thouroughly. The sample he got was very small, so he didn't want to do the in-office test for fear there wouldn't be enough to do the other. He said he didn't think it was a UTI though. She's been teething and this morning I noticed that her top canine teeth are coming in, in addition to her bottom two molars. Well the Dr said that her top two molars are coming as well. So she is getting six teeth at once! That could be part of the problem, but it wouldn't really account for her fever being so high. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. She may just have a virus.
I've included the couple pictures I've taken recently, and a video.

She goes outside in her pjs with me each morning so I can water the plants. She wanted to help.


The moms group I belong to had a garage sale a couple months ago and I got these shoes for her. I know, I know, they look like boy shoes, but they were brand new from Baby Gap, and so cute. I think she looks like such a big girl in this outfit. I took a video of her because she was clopping around in the shoes. They have hard rubber soles, unlike all the shoes she's had so far which have had soft soles. She kept looking down at her feet and then she noticed that they made noise when she walked so she kept clopping along. In the video I ask her if she's "clopping" and she thinks I said clapping, so she starts clapping. Funny girl!
2 comments:
OMGosh! I love that outfit and the shoes are just too cute! Poor Lila! I'm sorry about the teeth and the fever. I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment