Then last night I was feeding her her before-bed milk and she just stopped drinking and refused to take anymore, which is quite unlike her. So I took her in her room to sit in the rocking chair before bed. She threw-up all over herself and her blanket. This has never happened before! I took her in the bathroom, cleaned her up, threw the icky blanket in the bathtub for the time being, and put clean jammies on her. I took her back in her room to rock with her again and this time she threw up all over both of us, and the carpet. I'm thinking, "what the...?". So back to the bathroom, all cleaned up, and then we go downstairs to get new pjs out of the clean laundry. Guess what happens next?? All over the red rug and carpet downstairs, and down my leg. Mind you, I had fed her dinner 2 hours before this, so all of this is NOT pretty! At this point I figure we might as well just go sit in the bathroom and wait until she's done throwing up. So we go back upstairs and sit in front of the bath tub--okay, now it's time to call MY mommy!
I thought her mouth must have tasted really bad so I gave her a wet washcloth to suck on. Not a good idea as it immediately triggered more vomiting. Lila is so tired at this point that she is falling asleep, upright, on my lap with nothing but her diaper on. She proceeds to throw up a couple more times and then the dry heaves come after that. I almost started to cry when she started dry heaving. It was awful! My mom came over to help and my friend Beth (who has three kids of her own) was immensely helpful! The puking finally stopped and I was able to put her to bed. I think I barely slept the first half of the night and got up to check on her every time I woke. She woke up on and off starting about 1:45am--it was a rough night for us both. Then this morning, more broken glass on the kitchen floor! AND on top of it all, Roman has been out of town since Wednesday!! Alright, I'm done complaining!
On the bright side, she has kept her morning milk and her breakfast down so far today, so hopefully whatever it was is gone. And my wonderful friend Michelle found out yesterday that she is having a baby boy (due in August) and all is completely healthy with him. Always something good to remember when the rain comes right?
Here are some pictures from yesterday and this morning...she doesn't look any worse for the wear.
Yesterday afternoon. She's been doing this funny squinty thing, it's really cute!
Last night before the "marathon" began. Look at that belly--hers not mine! :o)
This morning, with her favorite book, "Gossie".
She loves to pull out all the tupperware. It's the only cabinet without babyproof locks.
Outfit courtesy of Auntie Nikki
I told her it was time to eat and she came "running". The hand up to her mouth is the sign language sign for "eat".
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Poor Lila. Poor Mom. I hope she feels better. Auntie Nikki has good taste in baby clothes -- what a cute outfit! I hope today is better. And what is with all the glass? What did mommy break?
Post a Comment