Hi, my name is Lisa and I’m a sugar-holic. Seriously, I’m totally addicted and it has GOT to stop! I know, I know, some of are thinking I’m skinny enough I shouldn’t complain, but here’s the thing. I work out a lot, and I lose zero pounds, my body changes nil. Well I did work out a lot. Then came vacation over spring break, bronchitis, birthdays, cherished friends visiting from MN, and more feeling under the weather. I'm back to working out regularly, which for me is at least four times a week. Do you do cardio and weights you ask? Why, yes, yes I do. And it’s really not my other eating habits. I don’t eat junk food, or fast food, and rarely eat out. In fact I eat the most in the morning, a decent lunch, a snack in the afternoon and a small dinner. My problem is the sugar. I love sweets and they love me, and they have to go!
Outside of the obvious addiction being a problem, I have another problem with kicking the sweets habit. Her name is Lila. You see Lila likes sweets as much as I do. She doesn’t eat as many as I do because her mother won’t let her, but she would if she had the chance. I tried not having any treats around and that seemed to make her want them more and be more upset when they were gone. Now I’m trying to take the mystique out of the treats by letting her have something small on a regular basis. I’m not sure it’s working, but it’s all I can think to do. I can't have treats in the house, if there are treats in the house I'll cave. Hmph....what to do, what to do?
I know myself well enough to know that I have to wait until after Easter to do it. I’ll never make it through the temptation of Eater candy and desserts. Once all the Easter temptations are gone I've got to sort out how to do it. Can I keep raisins in the house and cinnamon goldfish? Do I have to stop cold turkey or I do I limit myself to a set amount. I have no Earthly idea. [Sigh]
So, anyone else interested in kicking their sweet tooth with me? If I have to be accountable to someone else I’m much more likely to follow through. Anyone?...............Anyone???........................PLEASE?!?

2 comments:
Sounds like I have the exact same problem as you! I LOVE sugar!!! I haven't ever really tried to quit... Not sure if I would be able to do it. What's your plan? It might be easier to do it with someone like you say...
Becky, I don't have a firmed up plan yet, but I'll let you know when I do. The first thing will be to get rid of all the sweets in the house, of course. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it either, but I need to try.
Post a Comment