11.08.2009

Halloween, etc.

Another update, another long string of pictures. 

First, Halloween.  Do I even need to state the obvious...Lila loved Halloween.  Okay, it's really just the treats and candy, but she did like to see the decorations people in the neighborhood had up.  In the daytime at least.  When it was dark or if they made any type of noise, she wasn't liking them much.  She is still asking if she can go trick or treating.  Though we didn't really go trick or treating, she figured out real quick what it was all about.  My friend Becky has kids who are the same ages as Lila and Jett and she invited us to a Halloween carnival at her brother's church.  It was pretty cool out that evening, but it was fun. 

Baby Jett is grower bigger every day.  He is a VERY picky eater at this point though.  So far he only likes peas, sweet potatoes, and squash .  We've also given him avocado, banana, pears, and green beans, all of which he wants nothing to do with.  We've given them to him over and over again and still no interest.  It's so bad that when you go to feed him solids you have to sort of push a little of the food (i.e. peas) into his mouth so he knows it's something he likes, and then once he registers that he likes it he'll open up to eat.  If you just hold the spoonful of food in front of him, he won't open his mouth because he doesn't know what it is.  I guess since Lila has always been a pretty good eater, Jett's going to be picky. 

We are packing up to go to San Diego pretty soon.  My mom is going to run the San Diego marathon and we are going to go for a little vacation, and to cheer her on.  I'm really excited to take Roman and the kids.  It's been 11 years since I moved back to MN from San Diego and I haven't been back since.  I'm not looking foward to the 2 hour time change though, that's going to be pretty rough with the kids I think. 

That's about all I have time to update right now.  Will have pictures from our trip next update. 


My awesome crafty friend Rachel (who took the pictures I posted of the kids) helped me do these letters for Lila's room.  I can't wait to hang them up!


Pumpkin carving


Daddy, Mommy, Lila, and Baby Jett's pumpkins


Farmer Lila and her friend Minnie Mouse Isabel





Baby Jett was nice and warm



At the carnival.  Lila insisted on wearing her rain boots with her costume.


Lila didn't like the pony ride at first.  She calmed down though and enjoyed herself.


First hair cut.  Marisa came over last week to cut my and Roman's hair.  We had her trim some of Lila's baby hair off.  It looks thicker and healthier now. 





Cozy after a bath




















Baby Jett has finally decided to sit up on his own.  He's still pretty wobbly, but he's up!

No comments: