Lila's room is still a work in progress, but I have stepped up my work these last couple weeks. Lila has started climbing out of her crib. Until now she has been really content to sleep in her crib. Truthfully I think she still is. I think she just figured out she could climb out in a fit of rage, and now that she knows she can, she does. She was pitching a fit in her crib while I was trying to get Jett to sleep in his. I went out and closed her door--she HATES it when we close her door--and next thing I know she's REALLY pitching a fit and then I hear her open her door. She's periodically been getting out, but we've told her that if she doesn't stay in crib we'll close her door and that's mostly being working. We finally this week got a bedrail for her bed, and she took a nap in it this week. The last thing we need is a step stool so she can get in and out of the bed. It's pretty high up since it has a trudle underneath. I ordered her one with her name on it and am just waiting for it to arrive.
Jett is still such a happy baby. He is trying so hard to roll over. He lays on his back and pushes his leg and arches his back over and over. I help him roll onto his stomach and then he looks around as if to say, how'd I get like this. I take him for his 4 month checkup next week so we'll see where he falls in the height/weight percentiles. He's also started waking up just once a night to eat, usually around 4am. That's made a huge difference for Roman and me as we've been able to get longer chunks of sleep. Last night I actually slept for 6 hours without waking up. That's the first time that's happened in as long as I can remember. Probably sometime at the beginning of being pregnant with Jett, which would be almost a year ago.
With the good comes the bad for me. I've been having some pain in my right shoulder. I thought I'd just slept on it wrong, but it didn't go away. Now I think I have some kind of rotator cuff injury. I don't recall doing anything to it, but it seems like what I've read online. The best thing for it is rest, not lifting anything heavy, and not raising the arm up above the shoulder. Well all that sounds well and good if you don't have two little kids. We'll see. I just hope it goes away soon!
It's Roman's birthday tomorrow and he's going to go fishing, which he loves! If he catches some good fish we'll have a nice dinner this weekend. We've hardly had any rain here in the last month and a half. I think it's rained twice since our visit to MN in early June. You've never seen so many people so excited about rain!
Well that's all I can think of right now. Pictures below and a video of Lila, and a video of Jett.
4th of July
Cute baby!

She'd just woken up from her nap
She loves these rain boots and puts them on randomly to walk around the house.
My cousins Jenny and Allison wanted to get me a tree to plant in honor of my dad. We decided to get a couple of these small orange trees. We're going to plant them in some nice pots until they get a little bigger and then when we get around to landscaping our backyard we may plant them out there. We're not entirely sure we'll stay in this house longterm and I'd want to take them with us if we moved.
I have no idea what the heck she was doing here. Dangerous place for poor baby Jett.
Lila always wants to hold him
We have a SERIOUS fire ant problem her in Texas. Some idiot brought them over from Africa and they have no predators. We went to feed the turtles in the pond across from Roman's office yesterday and poor Lila got attacked. She even had bites on her knee.
I know this video is pretty dark, but you can still see her. We were singing "I love you, you love me...", otherwise known as the Barney theme song.
We were at a birthday party and I got this little video of Jett and Roman
No comments:
Post a Comment