6.23.2009

Where have the last three months gone??

Once again, a lengthy, overdue update...

Jett is now 3 months old. I can't believe it! It seems like the time has just flown by. He is growing ever bigger. I had to go through his 6 month clothes yesterday and pull out summer things for him to wear. They still look a bit silly on him as he doesn't fill them out, but we need them for length as he's still really tall. The cloth diapers make it worse since we need extra room at the bottom of his clothes anyway.

Jett is really a happy baby. He loves to sit with us and really pays attention to Lila. He's just about got neck control mastered as well. I tried to get a video of him talking to me the other day, but when he sees the camera he clams up, much like his big sister. Roman got a little bit of it though and I posted it below.

Lila has been somewhat accident prone lately. This week she fell down the stairs for the first time. She was on the landing at the top and as she went to grab the railing she sort of stubbed her toe and went somersaulting down the stairs. Luckily I was at the bottom of the stairs so I caught her before she did the second somersault, which would have landed her hard on the tile. She seemed to be more freightened than hurt. Then that same day she was in time out, but wouldn't STAY in time out. I went to pick her up to put her back and she did one of those flopping-like-a-fish-out-of-water things and smacked her forehead on the corner of a table. She had a HUGE goose egg on her head. It actually scared me it was so big. I thought for the first time in my life I might need to call 911. Roman's mom was here and both she and Roman had experience with such things so we put ice on it to reduce the swelling [BTW, I learned later that you are actually supposed to wrap their head tightly with an ace bandage, not use ice]. She didn't much care for the ice pack, so we had to bride her with treats to get her to sit still. The swelling eventually went down and now it's just a bruise. Hopefully that'll be all the accidents around here for a while.

We are getting closer to getting Lila's room completed. I finally found her a good mattress, well Roman's really the one that did. I wanted one that didn't have all the chemicals and flame retardants they put in traditional mattresses. They are SO expensive, but we found one on sale at a local mattress place by our house, and it's really nice and comfy. I bought her a cute bedspread and ordered her a step stool with her name on it as the mattress is too high for her to climb up on her own. She's still pretty happy to sleep in her crib, so I'm not overly eager to put her in her big girl bed. She fell out of the bed when we were at my dad's house too, so that makes me even more weary. Her bed is a daybed though, meaning there's only one side she could actually fall out of, so we'll just need one bed rail.

Here's a little funny from Lila...

Yesterday Lila was carrying around her little stuffed puppy dog. She says to me, "He's hungy Mommy" and then proceeds to lift her shirt up and put the puppy's face under her shirt and says, "he's drinking his milk Mommy". It was too cute!

Here are the photos (and video)...



This swimsuit was a hand me down from my friend Beth. I thought it was so cute on her daughter so she gave it to us when Ella outgrew it. We were at the neighbors' pool and Lila was so enamored by the dogs playing fetch. She kept asking to throw their toys.








You can't really see it the picture, but there's milk all over her. She has a big girl cup she likes to drink from, but we only let her drink from it in the kitchen because she spills frequently. The other day she kept coming into the living room and finally I said, okay, that's it, I'm going to take it. Well that sent her running back toward the kitchen, cup of milk in hand. When she got to the tile it spilled and she slipped and hit the floor and the rest of the milk splashed on her. She was NOT happy!



If you look closely (or click on the picture to enlarge it) you can see the goose egg on the left side of her forehead. This was after the swelling went down considerably. It looked like a ping pong ball under skin beforehand.




Baby Jett and Grandma Frances








My diva daughter! Lila got a hold of neighbor Jenna's sunglasses.



Below is the video of Jett talking



No comments: