3.24.2009

12 days...

...until my due date. The last couple weeks have gone by pretty quickly. The baby has definitely dropped down in my belly. Sometimes it feels like there's a bowling ball pressing on my bladder, but other times it doesn't feel much different. It must depend on the baby's position. This Friday my doctor is going to do an ultrasound to check the level of my amniotic fluid and to try to measure the baby. At each visit they measure the size of my belly and the last couple times it's measured less than it normally would. She thinks that this is probably because the baby has been moving down, which causes the belly to seem smaller when they measure. She justs wants to do it as a precaution.

I've been feeling fine other than not sleeping very well, but that's pretty typical at this point in pregnancy. I've been going to be early to try to make up for it. Luckily since daylight savings Lila has been getting up later as well, so I get more sleep in the morning. It's a tradeoff though as now she's not going to be until later, but I think this is will be the best schedule for us when the baby comes. Roman is taking three separate, small trips this week to get loose ends tied up, so I'm hoping the baby doesn't decide it wants out yet. He won't be very far from home though, so if I were to go into labor he'd probably be able to make it back in time.

Lila continues to be a chatter box. She's definitely almost two--wanting to do things her way, wanting what she wants when she wants it, etc. Overall though, I'd say she'd pretty well-behaved. The time-out still continues to deter her (most of the time). I think she's going through, or has gone through, a growth spurt. She's taller and a little leaner than she was a couple months ago. And she's telling us she's "hungy, hungy" all the time. I'm not sure she really is, as sometimes she'll tell us after she's eaten a bunch of food. I'm guessing she's just learned the word gets her more food, and usually fun food, like crackers or apple sauce.

The baby's room is still not totally complete, but we're done with most of it. There are a couple things I'd like to do, but if they don't get done before he/she arrives it won't be the end of the world. My mom is going to come over this weekend and help us so we can get some of the little projects done around here. We need an extra set of hands to entertain Lila if we are to get anything done really.

I forgot something in the previous post about my dad. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who came to the funeral, called, sent cards, and for all nice sentiments we've received since he passed away. It really helps to know people care, and to hear stories and nice things about my dad. Thanks again to all of you!

Well, that's all for now. Recent pictures below. Unless I get ambitious, the next post will probably be after the baby arrives.


She put my sports bra and workout shorts on over her dress.



Grana Nana was leaving with Noli and Lila was trying to go with.


We rearranged the family room upstairs to make it more of a playroom. That's her blue and white tent you see on the left side of the photo.



The table and one chair I stained for Lila. The other chair is on the list to finish this weekend.


My cleaning lady



At my dad's house. My Uncle Pat got Lila these sunglasses the day we arrived in MN. She was obsessed with them, and still asks for her "sungasses" everytime we go for a walk. Most of the time they are on upside down, just like in the photo.


No comments: