2.25.2009

38 days and counting...

If the title doesn't say enough, I'll elaborate. I have 38 days left until the baby is due. I've been going to the doctor every two weeks for a while now, but after my appt. next week I will have to start going every week. My doctor's office is an hour from our house, so I'm not really looking forward to making the trip every week, at least it's only for the last four weeks. I feel like my belly is HUGE!! And yes, below you will find a picture of it. Thus far I've managed to avoid any stretch marks, but I'm not to the end yet, so we'll see. I feel as though it's stretched to it's max capacity, esp. after I eat. My stomach is so squished that after I eat my sides hurt, like maybe my stomach is pressing on my uterus, which is then expanding our sideways since it has no where else to go. Needless to say, I've been trying to eat small meals.

As for things around the house, we are still working on the baby's room. It seems we have so many projects in the works right now it's hard to prioritize. Roman has been working on the lawn and I have been trying to get a table and chairs stained for Lila--don't worry, there are no fumes I shouldn't be inhaling. I got ambitious the other day and made a "bow board" so we could easily keep track of all the bows and clips for her hair. This weekend it will be back to the baby's room and hopefully we'll get that mostly complete.

Lila is doing really great! She is funny as ever and changing weekly. I can't believe how much she's changed really, just in the last couple months. She is so much her own person now, and has started throwing real fits when she gets upset. Yesterday she threw herself on the ground and screamed and cried for at least five minutes because I put the leftover peas in the fridge and wouldn't give them to her. She learns new words and phrases everyday as well. On our way to school on Monday she was in her carseat saying "Mommy Daddy come gets me". She was at Grana Nana's house on Sunday and my mom told her that Mommy and Daddy we coming to get her, so I guess she was just making sure we were going to pick her up from school too.
Here are the latest pictures, and a video at the bottom.

Lila lost her hair clip at school, so the teacher used a binder to keep her hair out of her eyes. Roman thought she looked goofy, but I thought it was cute!



Valentine's Day gifts from Grana Nana and Kent







She kept asking for her "sungasses" when I'd take her for a walk, so I dug them out. She wanted to wear them around the house.
The bow board I made

You can't have my book!



Week 35






Lila has suddenly started counting up to 20. She skips some numbers, but none-the-less, she's counting. I'm not sure if she's learning it at school or from Sesame Street. The video is a bit bouncy because she kept moving.

1 comment:

Michelle Tanner said...

Oh my. You cute thing, you. Your maternity jeans are much smaller than my everyday jeans. I love the post. Lila is one smart cookie! What a great little counter. The photos are wonderful! Big hugs to all!