1.29.2009

Things with our family are moving right along, as always. This is week 31 of pregnancy for me, so we've got 9 weeks to go! My doctor's appointments are every two weeks now and uneventful. This weekend we are planning to finish cleaning out the baby's room and next Saturday we'll get Lila's new furniture and move her furniture into the baby's room.

We've also decided to use a doula for this labor and delivery. A doula basically helps mom cope with the labor, to avoid a lot of the interventions that normally occur in hospital births. We found one we really like named Jami. She is a nurse at a local school and has been working as a doula both on her own, and helping at a birthing center, for five years. She recommended a birthing class at the birthing center and we will start that next week. Roman has to do some travelling, but I'm hoping he will be able to attend as many of the classes as possible. We never took a birthing class when pregnant with Lila as I thought it would scare me more than help me. This class is designed to teach techniques to manage the labor pain, so I'm excited about going.

Lila is ever changing! Every week it seems she's getting a little more particular about her world. Things that normally she wouldn't have an issue with have now become small (or big) battles. She doesn't want us to brush her teeth or change her diaper. She wants to get in the carseat by herself, and says "self, self" and then is upset about being restrained while we're driving. She wants to assert her independence and have her way more and more. I guess that's what it's like as they approach two years old. Luckily she still listens pretty well--the time out still holds it's power. She likes to run off and explore when we're out and about though, so I have been searching for a double stroller as I'll surely need it once the baby comes. I'm hoping to find one used as they can be quite expensive!
Lila's vocabulary is still expanding rapidly. The other day after we got home from the park she was telling me "san booey, san booey" over and over. I couldn't figure out when she was saying until she tried to reach down the back of her pants. She had sand in her diaper and was telling me "sand, bootie". I was laughing so hard and she was just staring at me wondering what the heck I was laughing at. Then this morning when I sneezed she said "Bess you mommy". Too cute for words!

Roman and I have been playing around quite a bit with the new camera, so we have quite a few photos.
Lila loves Minnie Mouse and it always asking "Meeny Muss?"
She always has little dinner parties with Minnie and Elmo. She puts them at the table and feeds thems food from her kitchen.
Still obsessed with putting on our shoes.

1 comment:

bobbi__jo said...

oh, my! lila's adorable :)
sounds like you have your hands full. maybe jami can just come home with you and help for ...like ever?