Lila has entered a whole new phase, it's called challenging authority. She has been having little fits about what seems like nothing, and is now very easily frustrated as well. She started screaming and crying today because I took her toothbrush away from her. You would have thought the world was coming to an end. I've been trying to pick my battles, but I want to know what happened to my previously easy-going toddler!! Hopefully this will be a short-lived phase.
On another note, she's doing a lot better when I leave her, especially at school. She still cries and attaches herself to my leg, but once I leave she only cries a couple minutes. Mrs. Diane, the teacher, says Lila's been having a merry old time, and she's been teaching Lila how to swing on the big-kid swing when they play outside.
I included a couple photos, and two videos. As you can see from the first video, we now have a new housekeeper. She's loves that swiffer. She did the kitchen and the bathroom floors! The second video is mostly of the back of her head, but she was looking out the window jabbering away. She just kept talking and talking so it's more about what you hear than what you see in that one I guess. She's been talking a lot lately, some of it jibberish, some of it words. When we were in San Antonio she said her first official sentence. She said "bub-bye Nana" and then "bub-bye Mer Mer".
One last thing, life for most of us here has returned to normal since hurricane Ike, but there are a lot of people who are still suffering...no power, no car, no home, no nothing. If you all could say a prayer for the people here who are still going through a tough time I know it would be appreciated.
Auntie Nikki got me this cute dress!
No comments:
Post a Comment