10.22.2008

Doctor's Appointments

Lila and I both had doctor's appointments in the last week. Mine was uneventful. Baby's hearbeat is normal, next appointment will be the ultrasound to check the babies in anatomy. That won't be until mid-November.




Lila's appt. was much more eventful. Or at least leading up to it was. Roman's out of town so last night Lila and I went to have some dinner with Grana Nana. Just as we were coming around the corner to our house after dinner, Lila threw up. This has happened a couple times before, she gets a litle carsick I think. I took her in and put her down for bed. About 8:30 I heard her crying a little bit in her crib, then she stopped, and then started again a little while later. When I went to check on her I discovered she had thrown up all over in her crib! She continued to throw-up/dry heave until almost midnight. This morning she seemed fine and ate a normal breakfast. Her 18 month checkup was at 11:30 and it's a 45 minute drive to get to the office. About half way there Lila proceeded to projectile vomit ALL OVER in the backseat! It was awful! The doctor said she seems fine, not ear infections, etc. so she must have some kind of stomach bug, or something she ate last night didn't agree with her. She ate lunch a short time ago and seems fine now as well. I guess we just need to avoid car rides. As for her stats, Lila now weighs 25.5 lbs which puts her in the 66th percentile! She has become quite the eater. He said that most babies her age are actually going down percentile-wise, but that we shouldn't worry about it as long as she's eating healthy food, and a good variety of it, which she is. She's in the 96th percentile for height though, so I guess that balances out her weight a bit. Her development is good, so outside of any sick visits, we don't need to come back until she's two.

Now for the photos/video. Okay, so I know this video is the wrong orientation. I was going to take a photo of her, but when I pressed the button I realized it was in record mode. So I just took a video. She is looking outside looking for squirrels, which is the sign you see her doing.


Cuddling on the couch with my very fashionable daughter. Gotta love stripes and giraffe together.



I guess she didn't want me to take her picture




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the stripes and print together! I'm so sorry she has a little bug! No fun. And I love the photo of Mama and Lila! Very cute!