When I came to pick her up in the afternoon she was sitting on the floor by the teacher and she just looked up and smiled and said "Momma". Some of the kids were still napping, but of course, Lila had only slept 30 minutes and woke up crying. This woke up some of the others, and the teacher said she wouldn't go back to sleep. Not shocking since she almost never takes a nap longer than 45 minutes.
The teacher said overall Lila had a rough day. She was only happy when they were eating or outside playing. She cried on and off the rest of the day. Mrs. Diane (the teacher) said if she kind of ignored Lila she'd stop crying and play some, but then she'd cry again and start saying "Momma", which then upset the other kids. My baby is an unknowing troublemaker!
Hopefully next week will be better. My moms' group starts meeting again on the 15th as well, so we're going to have quite a few things to adjust to. Two of her friends will be in the same room as her for the moms' group though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will distract her. Although at this age, she could probably care less. Here are the recent photos...
Her first day outfit. The school says to dress them in play clothes since they do some painting things and go outside for recess. We actually had to go shopping for play clothes since someone (who shall remain nameless, but isn't me) is a baby clothes snob and doesn't allow us to have anything that isn't nice in Lila's closet!
Happy as a clam!
Her new, school shoes.
She LOVES shoes, and is always in the closet, pulling mine out and trying them on.
She's finally wearing some of the 18 month clothes we have for her. Auntie Michelle got Lila some cute hair clips with polka dots and they match this dress perfectly. She looked so cute!
This is what happens if you say "hair". She immediately touches her's. I've made this mistake during dinner time and it was NOT pretty.
Telling me "more"
1 comment:
What an adorable little girl! I love the matching dress and hair clips! So, I'm guessing Target doesn't cut it for this budding fashionista and proud papa? I guess I will stick to the nicer stores... Baby Gap, etc? I LOVE the new shoes too! Too cute! It must melt your hear to hear her call out for you. It's so nice to be loved :) Big hugs to mama on her birthday! I love hearing the updates and seeing the photos. I can't believe how big and grown Lila is. Love to everyone! Michelle, Patrik and Elliott
Post a Comment