Lila and Jett have both been sick several times in the last month. Things always seem to be worse for him than for her. It's somewhat troubling as she'll get a little cold and be over it in a couple days. He'll get the same cold and have it for at least a week. Since he still wants his pacifier to sleep it's particularly problematic at night. When he can't breath through his nose, he can't suck on his paci, and he gets really upset. Lila just got over a cold and now Jett has it BAD! He slept well last night, but today he has a 102 fever, been really congested, and having a lot of breathing issues. The good news is it seems he's not in any respiratory distress, as defined by the nurse practitioner. If he still has that same temp fever, or higher, tomorrow the pediatrician wants me to bring him in. And of course, Roman's out of town.
Jett is still mostly army crawling, but he's really trying to do a regular crawl. He gets up on his hands and knees all the time and rocks back and forth, trying to propel himself forward. He's crawled a couple times, just a little bit, but his legs go out from under him and then he just army crawls. He's also pulling himself up on anything and everything. He loves to crawl over to the oven and use the broiler drawer handle to pull up and look in the glass. He won't stay away from it, as much as I try. When we use the oven we have to completely keep him out of the kitchen. He's also started waving, backwards, just like Lila did. He's been saying mama too, but it's more like ma ma ma ma. I don't think he's associated "Mama" with me just yet.
Lila has become quite the letter-lover. She's known most of her letters for a while now, but didn't know many of the letter sounds. For xmas we got her a fun letter sounds DVD and after watching it just a handful of times she now knows them all, and still asks to watch the DVD everyday. One of the other gifts she got from Santa was an easel with a dry erase board, chalk board, and paper roll. Her favorite is the chalk board and has even been drawing smiley faces and writing some letters. She loves that she can erase what she's done and start again all by herself.
At the top of the list of things she doesn't like is Jett playing with any toy she was EVER interested in. Hence L and J are having lots of conflict. When I'm not looking (or sometimes when I am) she runs up and rips the toy right out of his hands, to which he responds, "WAAAAAAAHHHHH (gasp) WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" To which I respond, "Lila, give Jett back the toy" and she then (usually) throws the toy down, sometimes hitting him with it, and then she ends up in time out. Sigh....are you tired yet?? I am! This happens ALL. DAY. LONG. Last week I thought they were actually going to make me cry for the first time. I laid down on the floor with my two cranky, whining kids and Lila laid on my chest and said, "What hurts Mommy?" and gave me a kiss. I told her "My heart hurts Lali", and she looked at me a bit confused and said, "WHERE does it hurt Mommy?" This exchange was sweet enough that it stifled the tears. I better grow a tougher skin before too long as I'm sure things will only get more difficult as they get older.
Alright, enough of my complaining. I love my babies and wouldn't trade the life I have for anything. Being able to stay home with them every day, see them grow and change, is worth all the whining and crying......right?? Kidding! ;o)
Some of the pictures below were taken with my cell phone, so they're a little grainy.
Bundled up for the cold weather
Lots of bath time fun
My little Picasso
Jett got the paci for Lila's doll
Like father like daughter. I had to sneak around the corner to snap the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment